15 July 2010

food, fireworks, and (f)ilharmonic

Tuesday and Wednesday night the NY Philharmonic gave their annual free concert in Central Park. Since this is my fourth summer in New York and I had (regretfully) never been before, I took advantage and went both nights. I can now join in with the hype and hoopla and agree: it is fabulous! Both nights were tainted by the dread of rain and thunderstorms, but both made it successfully without even a raindrop, just a little damp park grass from previous daytime showers. Then, to end the night, fireworks! Philharmonic in the Park is not something you should miss if you ever have the opportunity to go.

Food!
Fireworks!
at the Philharmonic! (I didn't get the memo to be overly, unnaturally excited about the Philharmonic. Brendan did!)

1 comment: