03 February 2011

meatloaf smeatloaf double-beatloaf, i hate meatloaf

Not this meatloaf, though. A few weeks ago Brendan and I went to dinner at a new spot called Eatery - new to me, not to him. It was my third week at my new job and I wanted to relax with some good home-cookin', comfort food after work (...that I hadn't cooked myself). I voted for one spot, Brendan voted for another, and we ended up here.


Then I saw this menu item:

White Cheddar Meatloaf: with Beer Battered Onion Rings, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and White Cheddar Fondue 

I've never been much of a fan of meatloaf, but the waiter convinced me that it was the best thing on the menu, so I gave it a shot. He also said that it had recently been ranked in the Top 10 comfort foods in New York City last fall. Even better. (He must have overheard my conversation with Brendan telling him that I wanted "comfort food") So I tried it... and I haven't looked back since!

*warning: this may cause heart attacks*

2 comments: