07 December 2008

celebrity sighting no. 7

Ok get ready for this...for those of you who know me, you are going to freak out when you hear this celebrity I sighted AND talked to.

Last Saturday morning, I was volunteering at the Birthday Party for Jesus with the Children's Ministry at Redeemer, and there just happens to be one of my favorite celebritites (ever) that attends Redeemer. I heard that she brought her kids to a lot of the events, but I had never seen her - Elsabeth Hasselbeck. And yes, she was there with her two kids, Grace and Taylor. I spotted her when she walked in and kept hoping that she would bring her daughter to my table to make the Christmas tree ornament craft where I was stationed. I kept debating in my head whether I should tell her how obsessed with her I am or just pretend like I didn't know who she was. I assume she gets tired of the wacky fans telling her all the time how much they love her and especially at a church event with her kids, but after much internal deliberation, I decided to go for it. I mean, I was a fan from the very beginning when she was on Survivor 2: The Australian Outback. My dad and I used to watch it every week and root for her...

So, I decided not to try to discuss issues of global warming or Rosie O'Donnell with her but just to nonchalantly mention that I am her BIGGEST fan and that I watched her way-back-when when she was on Survivor. So, that's what I did when I was supposed to be snapping Grace's picture with a polaroid camera to make her ornament. I prefaced it with saying that I was sorry to do this to her because I knew she probably hated it, but she was very gracious and said it didn't get old and she appreciated it. And I was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day (and week...)!

Elisabeth and her daughter, Grace

3 comments:

  1. 7 celebrity sightings and this one just might be my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shut UP!!!!!!! omg pear, this one was goooood. definitely the best- she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT celebrity sighting, I am impressed with!

    ReplyDelete