08 November 2010

the birthday boy

Saturday was Brendan's birthday and we celebrated big! (If you don't believe me, just check out the cake...) He turned 27 and for his birthday dinner he decided that he wanted to invite friends over to my apt & his old stomping grounds (in case you didn't know, Brendan lived in my current apartment for two years before I moved in. Then he graciously handed it over to me and two other girls!) for a pasta dinner and celebration. Friday night we made a run to Target and bought enough food to feed a couple armies, then cooked for a few hours on Saturday afternoon and successfully made enough food to feed 35 people! It was a blast and a great turnout!


And as I mentioned in my previous post, we had sparkler candles (Thanks for those too, Maggie!)!! They were exactly like sparkler fireworks, except in the shape of a "2" and a "7". They were beautiful and perfect, but if you ever have them for your own cake, you should be ready to blow them out immediately because they aren't like regular candles that keep burning until you blow. They, just like a sparkler, go out on their own sweet timing. But they make for some pretty great pictures, don't they?!

[Sorry the pic quality isn't that great. They are from my phone because my camera took a nose dive into the toilet early in the night, and spent the rest of the party in a bowl of rice trying to absorb all the water. Good news though; it worked!]

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing cake! Happy belated birthday, Brendan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pix of the birthday boy and his party and THE CAKE--gorgeous cake and sounds like it tasted great too--This has to be the BEST birthday Brendan ever had--I hope he appreciates you :) we love you GG

    ReplyDelete