04 January 2012

movie review(s)

I can't think of the last time (if ever!) this happened, but I saw two movies in two days this weekend, and both were spectacular! In case you're looking for a good movie to watch, I thought I would share these:





















I saw Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close with LeeAnne on Friday night. I bought the book over 3 years ago and have been meaning to read it ever since. I started it back then, but never got around to finishing it. I usually only like to see movies once I've finished reading the book but I made an executive decision to go see this anyway (because I had heard such great things about it, and couldn't wait to see it long enough to read the book). And I am so glad I did!! This movie was incredible: heartbreaking and sad, but also hopeful. I won't spoil the movie for you (and I never know how many details are too many details), but I would recommend seeing this if you get the chance. Warning: you may cry!

On New Year's Eve, I went with Brendan and his parents to see Hugo. I hadn't heard much about this movie previously, but it was fabulous! It was in 3D which made it fun, and it had a very sweet story and great characters. (Ironically, these two movies actually had very similar plot lines...but again, I won't spoil it.) It reminded me a lot of a modern-day Oliver Twist. If the chance comes, you should check this one out, too. You definitely won't be disappointed.

Happy viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment