28 November 2008

the big 2-3

My birthday was last Monday and I turned 23...so old. The weird thing is, I don't feel a bit different than the day I turned 16 or 20 or even 10, but the sound of the word "twenty-three" just sounds old.

But, considering it was my first birthday where I was actually away from home and from family (one of the great benefits of having a Thanksgiving birthday...) it was incredible! It started out Sunday night with Brendan surprising me and taking me to see the Rockettes (which were amaaaazing!!) and then out to dinner. Then, I was surprised at work first thing Monday morning with LA throwing homemade confetti in my face and shouting 'happy birthday!' At lunch, LA and I had plans to go out together, which was nothing unusual, but when I got in line at Goodburger, Pamcakes jumped out and shouted 'happy birthday' which was another great surprise! (They were all trying to prove me wrong with my statement of hating surprises.) After work, LA and I hopped a cab to a "destination unknown"...thankfully, I avoided the blindfold by promising I wouldn't listen when she told the cab driver where to go. We ended up at Serendipity, one of my favorite yet very touristy restaurants in NYC, but PERFECT for a birthday celebration! Dinner was great and great company. After I got back to my apartment, I thought all of the birthday celebrations were over until an unexpected doorbell rang and Brendan had come down to surprise me so that we could hang out on my actual birthday. I couldn't get over how many times I had been surprised (and actually liked it) and was so thankful for all the love I felt from friends and family on my b'day. Thanks to EVERYONE for all of the phone calls, text messages, and well wishes on my special day :) It was one of the best birthdays ever!


outside of Serendipity waiting for our reservations

traditional Serendipity pic - we can't go there without taking one of these!

roomies! and aren't the Christmas decorations so beautiful?!

me, Pamcakes, Lara, and Carrie

I wish I knew what LA was laughing so hard about...

I think this is when the waitors were about to sing happy birthday to Karen.


love this pic!

peanut butter frozen hot chocolate, all gone.

Carrie, LA, Lara, me, Pamela, and Victoria

CAN'T walk past this door without taking a picture. I think I have one from every season...

1 comment:

  1. what's GGpaw's formula now for taking your age and figuring how old he is? I think we have moved past that....oh well...FYI he's 86!!! Wow!! Thanks for coming home for the holidays...it was good to see your sweet (diva) face and self....i love you mom

    ReplyDelete