25 April 2010

7 layer brownie bars

I've made this dessert twice now (for 3 different occasions) and it seemed to be well received in all three circumstances, so I decided to share the recipe here. I have to say that I cheated a little and just got this recipe off the back of a brownie box, but no one will ever believe that you didn't slave for hours making these. One guy at a cookout this past weekend couldn't believe that I hadn't made these from "scratch"! They're easy and delicious, so try them out!

Seven Layer Brownie Bars

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 box brownie mix
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (I left these off because I don't like mixing nuts & sweets!)
1 1/4 cups (14 oz can) sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat bottom of 13x9-inch pan with melted butter. Sprinkle brownie mix over butter. Top with coconut, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and pecans. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk. Bake 30-35 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cool thoroughly (really, let it cool ALL the way, preferably overnight if possible!) before cutting. Makes 24 bars.

1 comment: