30 April 2010

screwtape letters

Screwtape Letters, a book by CS Lewis that is written from the perspective of a high level demon to his understudy nephew, Wormwood, chronicles the efforts of the devil and his workers to pull Christians off course, ultimately ending in damnation. If you haven't read this book, you must. As I mentioned here, it is one of my all-time favorite books. As I'm rereading it for the second time, I'm convinced that everyone should read this book during any challenging time in life, or as Screwtape refers to it, a trough in comparison to a peak.

And to make rereading this book even more worthwhile for me, tonight I'm going to see the Broadway version with Brendan and his parents! Max Mclean (who actually goes to Redeemer!) directs the play and acts as Screwtape. I am beyond excited and hope the play is as phenomenal as the book, but I have no doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment