25 August 2008

a War Eagle moment

I should probably be sending this in to the War Eagle Moment website, but I decided just posting it on my blog would do for now. (Disclaimer: this post will probably only have significance to Auburn fans and graduates!)

Today my mom and I were walking out of the Container Store in NYC and I had on an Auburn t-shirt. I heard someone faintly say something from behind the check-out counter, but I just assumed they were talking to someone else. Then all of the sudden I heard my mom shout "WAR EAGLE!" and then say, "Perryn, you missed it! This guy just said 'war eagle' to you!!!" So I turned around and a Container Store employee was smiling really big as he saw my shirt. He told me his girlfriend went to Auburn and he was a band wagon fan. He clearly is more than a "band wagon fan" if he knows the significance of saying War Eagle...especially in New York City. I assured him it was a good band wagon to be on!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this! i will scream war eagle for you on saturday. miss you p!

    ReplyDelete