29 August 2008

thanks Dad!

so for my parents 36th wedding anniversary, I convinced my dad to give my mom (and I) tickets to the US Open tennis tournament in New York City. It worked out perfectly, because the tournament just happened to be the week that my mom was helping me move up here!

So on Tuesday, we spent all of 12 hours at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center watching as many tennis matches as we could possibly fit in. And after pushing and elbowing my way past some old ladies (not even joking), I was even successful in getting some pictures of Roger Federer (mom's FAVE) warming up on the practice courts!

Mom and I watching the Open


Arthur Ashe Stadium


Ana Ivanovic, the number 1 seeded player in the tournament


some kid that I figured must be famous because everyone was asking him to sign their tennis balls...


Serena hitting her signed tennis balls into the stands after winning her match.


Rog warming up before his match.


I was about to fall off of the bleachers when I took this picture (if you can't tell...)


Mom with R.Fed


Mom and I before we left the Open!

Thanks again Dad for the tickets... :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled that you and Mom got to go to the US Open-- You were one smart cookie for convincing Dad to do that-- Good for you!!!!!!GG

    ReplyDelete