10 February 2010

snow day

Instead of being able to enjoy the beauty and splendor of the snow today, I had to go to work (which, consequently, resulted in an abnormally high amount of g-chatting and photoshopping). By 4 PM, though, I could take the desk job no more. Our firm previously sent out an email stating that in an effort to keep all employees safe, we were allowed to utilize vacation or personal time if we felt at risk because of inclement weather conditions. I emailed one of my bosses this afternoon to inform her that my mental safety was in jeopardy if I sat inside and watched the snow from the window for the rest of the afternoon. (Remember, I'm from Alabama...and it doesn't snow like this there!) Luckily, she agreed that I should leave, and the two hours of "vacation" time to enjoy the white city were worth every minute!









2 comments:

  1. oh my word that is beautiful!!!!!! i so would have pulled myself out of the office too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pictures are beautiful! yay for snow!

    ReplyDelete