06 July 2008

'cathedral of baseball'

                                                                        
This could be a little weird if the wrong person ever read or saw this, but mainly for my friends in New York who I was telling about this - a guy from Tuscaloosa, David Robertson, who played baseball in high school with the guy that I dated and our parents have been friends since before we were born, and our grandparents were friends before that, just got called up as a pitcher for the Yankees. And because of my slight obsession with baseball, I immediately searched out tickets the day I heard about it so that I could go to a game and hopefully get to see him pitch. Even though I don't really know him that well, I watched him pitch for 3 seasons in high school and summer league baseball, and I couldn't really imagine what it would be like to see him pitch IN Yankee Stadium! Unfortunately, he didn't pitch the night I went to the game and I'm not exactly the biggest Yankees fan in the world, but it was still fun/hard to believe that he could run out of the bullpen at any moment...

                                                    
And then, when I was home for July 4th, my sister was looking through some old photo albums of us as kids, and my mom pointed out this one as we flipped through - this is me and David Robertson at age 2! Who needs a picture with A-Rod or Johnny Damon when I have one with the Yankees latest rookie from over 20 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment