09 July 2008

I miss the beach...already

And I've only been home a little over an hour. After my marathon of traveling this weekend, it is nice to finally be settled in one place (at least for the next 3 weeks) but I didn't want to leave the beach or my family at all. It all started on Sunday when my flight back to NYC was cancelled. Not delayed, not experiencing difficulties but completely cancelled. As unfortunate as this may sound, I was totally ok with it. I had thought about moving my flight back to Monday anyway, but figured it would be too expensive and really didn't want to have to deal with the hassle, but Delta did it for me. And, I had an interview on Monday so that was another reason I didn't want to start changing things around - but they couldn't be upset about my flight getting cancelled, right? That sounded like a free ticket for two extra days of vacation to me. And that's what I got! It was great - I got to spend a whole day and a half extra on the beach to work on my tan a little. I probably could still use more work, but it was better than I was expecting. So then, on my flight home on Tuesday afternoon, I had a layover in Tampa with 35 minutes in between (tight, I know) but the Delta attendant strongly suggested I not go through Atlanta if I didn't want anymore delays or trouble. So I took her advice, and of course, my plane getting into Tampa landed at 6:20 when my next flight was scheduled to leave at 6:25. Needless to say, I was sweating a little. I did not want to be stuck in Tampa at the airport for who knows how long. Luckily though, when I got off the plane and ran through the airport to my departure gate, my flight to LaGuardia had been delayed until 6:45. We boarded the plane about 7:15 and took off about 8:00 or 8:15. My 9:15 arrival date in New York turned into a 10:45 landing and me getting home about 11:15. I came in, dropped my bags, and pretty much went straight to bed. It always amazes me how traveling (essentially sitting and doing nothing) can be so tiring. It was a fun weekend + a few days, and I was glad to get to see all of my family and the sandy white Florida beaches. I'm sure my skin thanks me.

No comments:

Post a Comment