29 July 2008

I'm a New Yorker!

So after a very long hiatus of blogging, I've decided to get to it again. My sister has been calling me asking me to update my blog because she has no idea what's going on in my life. Because my internship ended last Friday and they were trying to push as much work into me as possible in the time they had left to do it, the last two weeks have been utter chaos - interviewing for jobs, trying to find an apartment, deciding what I'm going to do when all of this doesn't work out as planned, playing softball in Central Park with strangers (on more than one occasion...), having fun visitors in NY, and trying to get every detail arranged before I leave on Thursday, along with a few other things...

But, in a matter of probably 3 hours last Tuesday, everything fell into place and the path that I should take was instantly revealed. I got offered a job at Perkins Eastman (where I am currently interning) to work in the Education studio designing schools from grades K-12. As of now, there are no other interior designers in that studio! It makes me very excited, but also a little nervous...however, this summer was a great experience for me with my internship working in the library because I got to know ALL of the designers and not just a couple in a certain studio - so I have made a lot of friends and a lot of references :) 

And my apartment search ended about as fast as my job hunt did. I am going to live with one of my friends named Lara who is in my fellowship group in NYC. Her roommate unexpectedly moved out and she needed another roommate at the exact same time I was looking to move somewhere. Coincidence?! Not really - God couldn't have worked the timing out more perfectly, I don't believe. My new apartment building is located in the Financial District one block below Wall Street on the lower part of the island of Manhattan. I intend to post some pictures of my actual apartment that I have taken, but I don't have my camera with me now, so it'll probably be tomorrow. But, in case I forgot to mention, I could not be more excited about my new upcoming life as a "grown up" (now that everything is settled). And it's official - I'm a NEW YORKER!

3 comments:

  1. perr this is awesome!!! i can't wait to come visit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. new yorker! woo hoo! i can't wait to come visit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are so thankful God brought you to your new job and new apartment with your friend in New York. May he watch over you and keep you safe while in the Big Apple--and hopefully it will all be as great as you think it will be. Our love and prayers will be constantly with you!!!! the GG's

    ReplyDelete