01 April 2009

i love a good joke

Today is one of my favorite days of the year. There's nothing better than coming up with a brilliant old-fashioned prank and executing it on a group of your closest friends and family. And the best part about April Fools Day, is that everyone in the world KNOWS that it's April Fools Day and is deliberately trying to come up with jokes and pranks to play on people, and yet it is still totally possible (and most of the time, probable) that you will be successful in the carrying out the prank. Glorious.

So here was mine:
I started out by sending a simple text to all of my siblings and siblings-in-law. It was short and to the point: "I'm engaged." and then I just waited for the texts to roll back in... I think that was the most number of texts I've ever received in such a short amount of time - ever...which I kinda loved.

All the responses back were great, and had me rolling in laughter at my desk, but this one, from my sister-in-law, Monica, was by far the best:
I am pregnant with twins! Just found out. So much for getting my tubes tied. Due in november. Congrats to you.

Even though when I talked to her later she said her heart did drop for a second when she first got my text...she quickly figured out what the date was and decided to dish it back at me. Annnd that's why I love April Fools Day.

1 comment:

  1. wow pentene--I'm glad I have a good heart--love you to pieces GG

    ReplyDelete