12 January 2010

still celebrating the New Year

The "official" New Year's celebration has come and gone, but that doesn't mean I'm done celebrating (er, adjusting to) the new year! New Year's Eve is by no means my favorite holiday but this year took the cake as one of the most fun I can remember. I spent the holiday with my two good friends, Kyo and Tim. I liked to refer to myself as their "guest of honor", which in most circles would probably be more commonly known as the "third wheel". It was just as delightful, though, no matter what term I used.

We went to a fantastic restaurant in the West Village called The Spotted Pig. (If you live in New York and haven't been, go! If you're visiting, it's a great spot to check out!) They had a very eclectic menu, but all the food was delicious. We even had deviled eggs, which I've never known to be particularly common on NYE, but I've also never known myself to turn down a deviled egg, so I ate them anyway. We rang in the new year at the dinner table, and then made our way back up to Kyo's apartment where Kyo and I explored the confetti-ridden streets of Times Square. You have to have the right eye for it, but I'd never seen anything more beautiful than the hordes of confetti drowning the streets after the countdown. Isn't it terrific?!

2 comments:

  1. the spotted pig is also apparently a big celeb sighting spot. did i tell you i saw BJ novak from the office on our honeymoon?? he was staying at the same hotel as us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I was going to say that the SP reminds me of Heath Ledger as it was one of his hang out spots. I've been meaning to go! And I like the "guest of honor" reference.

    ReplyDelete