30 September 2011

city to city

Last night I went to a Redeemer City to City event. I hadn't heard much about what the event was for when I received the invitation, but decided I would stop by since it was on my way home from work and since I'm going on a mission trip soon. Brendan and I went and we were both blown away and so moved by all that Redeemer has done through its original vision: create a gospel movement in the city and the movement will follow in other parts of the world and the country. They had "church planters" (aka, pastors) there from all over the world (Dubai, Singapore, Ireland,...to name only a few)  who have planted churches through Redeemer's support. It was truly moving to see how God is calling people to go to the far-reaches of the earth to spread the good news! Take a look at this quick video, you will be inspired and encouraged about what Redeemer and these churches are doing. (warning: you might cry, I did.)


Join the Movement from Redeemer City to City on Vimeo.

[ps- around minute 3:18, you will see Jacques who is the pastor at the church in Cape Town that we are going to serve with in November!]

No comments:

Post a Comment