26 May 2008

happy memorial day!

Yay - no work today because it's memorial day! I got to sleep in, got up and ate downstairs in the dining room. Today the Markle was having a special Memorial Day celebration feast. It wasn't quite like they do it in the South, but it wasn't too bad either. I asked for a hot dog, and the man in his foreign accent said "you want one of all the meat?" and pointed to all of the different options - hot dog, hamburger, fried shrimp, bbq chicken...so, I thought it must be the standard for everyone to get everything as a special memorial day treat (since normally you only get to choose one thing). So, I said ok. Needless to say, I looked like a little piggy with a hamburger, a hot dog, a chicken wing, several fried shrimp, french fries, and some asparagus (odd combo to the others...) Then when Elizabeth sat down with me to eat, she had ONE meat on her plate, I especially felt like a piggy then...AND, they had dove ice cream bars too.


Then this afternoon, LeeAnne, Elizabeth and I went on a hunt for real BBQ and sweet tea. You can't have a true Memorial Day celebration without those staples to any southerners diet...and LeeAnne and I were successful last year, and thankfully the three of us were again this year...



(Compliments of Daisy May's bbq)

4 comments:

  1. I am having fun fun fun keeping up with your escapades in NY with your blog...keep it up...only one problem....I didn't get the chance to vote on where you should go...you let me in on the blog after the poll was closed....no fair....I love you....MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee!!!!I did it....I posted a comment...I think....MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. yippeee!! you DID post a comment, Mom! now that I know you KNOW how to post one...I'm gonna expect regular comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey!!!! i hadn't checked your blog in a while and i just got to read like 10 posts :) i love it! i am sooooo glad you are having such a blast (duh)! but i miss you pear! don't worry i am going to be checking everyday now, i am such a stalker, haha. but really...

    i am calling you SOON to catch up!!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete