02 June 2008

that's what weekends are for

Having fun. So, I may regret saying this one day and I may really start to miss college, but having a job is the best. It is so great to come in on a Sunday night from a fun-filled, exhausting weekend and not have anything to think about except starting the week on Monday morning. No homework. No quizzes to study for. Nothing. It's great. But, as I'm sure with everything, that joyfulness and fun with slowly fade as the newness wears off. Nevertheless, I'm enjoying it while I can.

This weekend was pretty incredible. Kevans (that's Katherine Evans, for those who don't know) came in town this weekend for a long layover on her trip to the Middle East - Turkey for a month and Jordan for a month. (blogging is inevitable, as she says... "kat goes (mid) east" http://evanska.tumblr.com/ ) Anyway, it was just like "old times" - way back when (when we were 21). Anyway, Friday we were reunited at our fellowship group. Saturday we all braved the rain and thunderstorms together in the city, went to a movie, and reunited with the "original" fellowship group for dinner. Thank you, Feng, for my dinner :) And then Sunday, was incredible. Perfect weather. Perfect activities. We met for breakfast then went on a hunt for bike rentals. We finally found them at Pier 84 on the Hudson River near 42nd Street and the West Side Hwy. We rode all the way down to Battery Park City (don't worry, Mom, there was a bike path...we didn't ride on the busy highway) and this could have been one of my most favorite things that I've ever done in New York City. (Ranks close up there with the kayaking, Amy Jicha...) Then after church we went out to eat with Buck and Christine at a restaurant called the Boat Basin on the Hudson River, which was pretty bizarre and somewhat of a different dimension - it was so weird. It felt like we stepped out of NYC and into Gulf Shores. I rather enjoyed it, and the company was good too.

So, I should probably get to bed now. Just because you don't have to do homework on Sunday nights doesn't mean you can stay up all night...

ps - pics are to come. I just can't upload them to my blog in my room...I have to trek all the way down to the 4th floor because the internet is better there , and since I shouldn't even be awake right now, I probably should save the photos until tomorrow...check back!

2 comments:

  1. Haha... I LOVE that at 7:42 when I should be media monitoring - and my legs are SO sore from our "activities" that I get to read a NEW blog entry from this weekend :)

    Love you!
    -PamCakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS BLOG.

    Perr, you are right next to Gmail on my bookmarks toolbar, and that's really saying something.

    ReplyDelete