08 March 2009

email from Paige

on the most current status of Abbey's potty training adventures:

And so, the saga continues!! Abbey's potty training was going really well. She liked using the potty like a big girl, liked telling everyone she met about it, and definitely liked the treats she was getting after using the potty. However, she always wanted to run off (making a beeline to the pantry, in search of a treat, of course) as soon as she was done, leaving a little trail behind her. So, I tried to remind her every time to clean herself. At first, she used her hands, then her shirt. I told her no, no, that wouldn't work. So then, she decided that the hand towel in the bathroom would be good to use (I hope we caught this habit early....who knows how many times she did this without our knowing!). Finally, I think I got it through to her that girls use toilet paper to clean themselves. It appears that she learned her lesson, don't you think?


Oh, the joys of motherhood...but for now, I'll just settle with nieces and nephews! :)

1 comment: