02 March 2009

what happens in Alabama when it snows

Since my Auburn email account is still active, I still get all mass emails sent out by the university (yay...). I got this one yesterday and think it is so hilarious. Maybe it's because I now live in a city where schools close once every five years for snow, and taxis never stop driving and no grocery stores ever run out of milk and bread. Nevertheless, here is what Dean Johnny Green had to say in response to the "blizzard" in Alabama yesterday:

Subject: Classes Tomorrow

I am sorry to report but classes will not be canceled tomorrow. TigerTransit and all university services will open at normal universityhours. If you are out of town and in an area where the weather may bepreventing you from returning to Auburn by tonight or for classestomorrow, please email your professors AND be sure to send me some typeof note to let me know where you are so that I can help with an excuse,if necesary, in any way that I can. For example, if you end up at ahotel out of town, keep a copy of the bill, etc.

Please be sure to monitor the University Home Page for updates, just incase the weather or something else changes (Transit can't operatebecause of icy roads, for example) before morning!
I apologize that we won't get a de-stressor day. We only get SNOW ONCEevery TEN YEARS or so!!


Peace,

JG

No comments:

Post a Comment