21 March 2009

freshman year in the real world: SPRING BREAK

This week was my alma mater's spring break, so in a quasi-attempt at savouring every last bit of college life that I no longer have (namely: a spring break) I emphatically hosted two great friends from Auburn and helped them celebrate their one week of scholastic freedom. It was A. BLAST.
Court and Rose Lynn on their first night in the Big Apple!
Me and Brendan at Burger Joint with RL and Court
Trying to convert Rose to a true "New Yorker"...it looks like she's well on her way with the Starbucks in hand.
Watch out for the biker lane, Court!!! 
I have NEVER seen a hot dog this big. And I have consumed a lot of hot dogs in my lifetime.
Me and little Rose petals at Serendipity
Court and Rose wishing Mary Lindsey was with us
Classic Serendipity pic with our chocolate peanut butter fro-ho-cho
Before... (can you tell the whip cream is GREEN for St. Patty's Day?!)
AFTER!
Times Square (thanks photog, Pamela!)
Reenacting RL's visit/our photo shoot from Summer 2007
One short friend, one tall
Court got tired of smiling...
beautiful Central Park!
Rose's one-bite cupcake
Introducing Rose Lynn and Courtney to Magnolia cupcakes.
cupcakes, NYC, and Auburn friends...doesn't get much better than this...
until I get a stomach ache from too much sugar.
Our last hoo-rah at Benihana. (Not quite up to Mikata standards, but definitely good...and considering it's the ONLY Japanese steakhouse I have been able to find in NYC, I'll take whatever I can get!)

3 comments:

  1. so that was a pretty FUN spring break! love the recap (and jealous of that Magnolia Bakery cupcake)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great post!!! i wish i was still in NYC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WISH y'all were still here too, Court!!!

    ReplyDelete