08 May 2009

12 hours of non-billable time

Those words are as feared as being diagnosed with the swine flu these days. Never do you want to think about having even 5 minutes of non-billable time at work. But, when I got to spend a day and a half creating something like this, I was one happy camper! I was commissioned to come up with a design for a display wall in our office in which the design had to correlate to the Master Format (a standard for classifying materials that are specified for architecture and design projects) Division 9, which covers interior materials and finishes. So here it is: each slice of the color wheel represents one of the different sections of Division 9 - Plaster and Gypsum Board, Tile, Ceilings, Flooring, Wall Finishes, Acoustical Treatment, and Painting and Coatings. This kind of work... I could get used to!

4 comments:

  1. ok so when did you change your mind and decide that this was something fun to work on??.... :)

    yay, and it looks great hanging up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it love it! and it has alll the colors of the rainbow, so you loved it too, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I decided this was fun, LA, because I actually got to DESIGN something. however, the time constraints that were placed on me and the amount of help I had were... not so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and yes cay - I loved it because of the rainbow. that's WHY I thought it up! I fought hard for this color wheel :)

    ReplyDelete