25 May 2009

city of brotherly love

As indicated by my earlier post, I made a short day-trip to Philadelphia this weekend with LA and Pamela! It was one of the most exhausting days I can remember, but well worth it! We had a blast... and I figure that pictures will say it better than I can describe, so take a gander:

We started the morning out right - Krispy Kreme in Penn Station!

The first thing I did when I got to Philly: give Ben Franklin a hug!

the Design School at U Penn- not quite Spidle Hall, huh?

the most delicious breakfast bar from Metropolitan Bakery- yes, this was breakfast no.2 after Krispy Kreme.

Philly's version of the "Love" sign (yes, NYC's is definitely better!)

me and LA in front of City Hall

life sized game pieces- Yellow Sorry, my fave!

Welcome to Philadelphia, the city of Brotherly Love!

no matter how far out of school I get, the Chi O still comes out in me when I see an owl...

and then the Republican came out in me!

yes, we went all the way to Philadelphia to eat lunch at... Chick Fil A. totally worth it.

beautiful historic streets in Philly, where LA and I intend to reside when we move there :)

this is for the GG's!

beautiful ivy-covered houses on Quince St.

Betsy Ross's house, where the first American flag was sewn!!


and to end the excursion Auburn-style, LA and I made a quick stop in Pita Pit for the train ride home. I forgot how much I loved this place...

Philly, I can't wait to go back...hopefully for longer next time!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like ya'll had a great trip to Philly--so glad you had fun and enjoyed your trip--loved seeing the QUINCE St. sign and thanks but my Quincy has a Y---but it made me think of my Quincy--Love you GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. P, so Philly is the new destination? Arizona is out? I would like to put a vote in for San Fran. This is my new moving destination. CDP

    ReplyDelete
  3. GG, it was supposed to make you think of Quince Dr SE, Decatur, AL...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perryn, I can't believe that I thought of Quincy instead of Quince Dr. in Decatur---Mom told me about your answer at the Doctor's today--so just want to say I guess the ST. part threw me off--sorry I was so dense--Love you GG

    ReplyDelete