20 May 2009

Going to Philly!

This weekend I'm going to Philadelphia for a short day trip!! I've decided I should take advantage of exploring the Northeast while I live here and have easy public transportation access to such fun and historical places. LA, Pamela and I are going to hit the road (or technically, the tracks) early Saturday morning and hope for no rain. Here's one proposed itinerary, thanks to Julie:

Things to do while in Philly:
  • EAT EAT EAT! Philly cheesesteaks at famous Pats or Genos
  • Constitution Hall (with Liberty Bell)
  • Rittenhouse SquareCity Hall and the LOVE sign
  • Philadelphia Art Museum (do the Rocky run up the stairs culminating in victory fist pumps in the air)
  • and of course, pretend to be Julie Lee for a day and enjoy the institute of higher learning at the University of Pennsylvania, the first university in America

And I just found out Betsy Ross's house is in Philly too! Only 3 more days... and counting!

5 comments:

  1. Aw so fun! I love Philly, that's where I was born :) My parents used to take me and my brother to the Franklin Institute Science Museum all the time. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for your trip, it's kind of geeky haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. and please take a picture of your girls doing your Rocky victory dance! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woop woop!!

    7:14 am train, here we come....

    HURRY UP, weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh - fingers crossed I don't have to work!!!!

    ReplyDelete