13 August 2009

back to the summer diaries

more of what I've been doing this summer:

Nicaragua Fundraiser Summer Social. A group of 12 of my friends from Redeemer ventured out on a mission trip (this week actually!) to Jinotepe, Nicaragua to do some mission work at a private orphanage. Before the trip there were lots of fundraisers and events to raise awareness and financial support for the group going. I helped organize the "small town Saturday night" themed event...because I have a lot of experience with small towns & Saturday nights, I guess. The event was a blast!

Just one of the many weekends spent "fixing up" the new apartment. Christine spent many Saturdays in Manhattan because our ceilings are 10 feet tall! Beautiful, but somewhat of a pain when you're just short of 5'6" and trying to paint to the top. Thanks Stine for your help!!

Brent and Monica's visit to the city. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I actually wore Mon out! We had a blast though going between NYC and Morristown. And having 3 out of the 4 Pettus kids together in the Big Apple is almost unbelievable. Paige, please come visit soon!!


July 4th! Probably the most fun and unique fourth I've ever had. It started out on a beach in Coney Island, which happened to be the same day as the ESPN-covered International Hot Dog Eating Contest. The beach was...well... an interesting and fun experience and definitely very contrasted from the calm, beautiful white sandy beaches of Florida. Then after our time in Coney Island was done, we crossed the river and ate and watched the fireworks from Jersey City. I think we had the best view!

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE all of these pictures! how did you get them into collages like that??

    ps- love the long hair. i vote YES on that hair change we emailed about... (is it public?? i mean is it ok for me to tell everyone you're going for colored streaks??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics perryn, my fave is the very flattering one of kyo (top right of the last collage)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, gaaaaaah caylen you spoiled my surprise! I wanted to see my mom's face when she saw I had pink and blue stripes in my hair!! oh well, cat's out of the bag now I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, Maggie that pic of Kyo is my fave too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl, you have had one word...FUN!!

    and, I sympathize with your painting picture b/c my mom and i just finished painting and it is one difficult task. all despite the fact that it looks to be easy. i am still sore, and managed to get it all in my hair. how? who knows!

    ReplyDelete