10 August 2009

uniform project

Why can't I ever think of anything cool like this until... it's already been thought of? The Uniform Project is an "exercise in sustainable fashion." (I mean, what ISN'T sustainable these days?!) For 1 year, 365 days, this girl will wear the same dress- every day. just accessorized differently. And the reason? To raise support and funds for an organization called the Akanksha Foundation, which is a program hoping to revolutionize education in India and helping to fund other expenses for school (such as uniforms) for children living in Indian slums.

She started this fundraiser in May 09. This is her 102nd day, and her outfit today:


Check out the website to see ALL of her outfits thus far!

2 comments:

  1. aaaah I still love this site. thank you for showing it to me!! i kinda want to do my own uniform project, but i don't know that i could pull that off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh I love it too cay! we should totally do it. I think we could...

    ReplyDelete