17 August 2009

Harry Potter, praise?

I've always been a pretty big skeptic of Harry Potter, but in the last month have grown increasingly interested in this boy and his story, thanks to Maggie, who is a rather big fan! I'm about halfway through the first book and decided I will re-evaluate after I'm done as to whether I want to continue in the series. But I must admit, so far it is a very intriguing story and fast read because I'm constantly wanting to find out what happens to this little boy who somehow received "grace" from someone (?) and overcame evil and apparently death (I'm only in the first book...), not by his own doing but as a predestined plan, it seems. Anyway, this morning I was reading a new blog on my list, 843 acres, and found a link to this article. If you, like me, had your Harry Potter doubts, it's worth a read.

How the boy wizard won over religious critics - The Boston Globe

Posted using ShareThis

1 comment:

  1. Hey Perryn, I have read Harry Potter and I thought the books were well wriiten and I felt like I could imagine everything that was going on. I am not a fan of wizards and such, but I knew it was fiction. I enjoyed reading for the shear fact that the author created such a unique piece of work.

    ReplyDelete