18 August 2009

ultimate forgiveness

This article brought tears to my eyes, more than once. This is forgiveness, from Jenny Sanford on her husband's recent affair with a mistress in Argentina:

For now, the first lady of South Carolina is groping for the high road and trying to keep an open mind. “If you don’t forgive,” she says, “you become angry and bitter. I don’t want to become that. I am not in charge of revenge. That’s not up to me. That’s for the Lord to decide, and it’s important for me to teach that to my boys. All I can do is forgive. Reconciliation is something else, and that is going to be a harder road. I have put my heart and soul into being a good mother and wife. Now I think it’s up to my husband to do the soul-searching to see if he wants to stay married. The ball is in his court.”

Read the whole article, from Vogue, here. Believe me, it's worth it. You will be inspired.

1 comment:

  1. she sounds like a wonderful christian lady----I really admire her--Hugs GG

    ReplyDelete