17 June 2008

embarrassing moment: 1


Sunday night after church I was enjoying a nice dinner, good company at an amazing restaurant - the Pier Cafe or something like that. It was on the Hudson River with a beautiful view of the sunset, the river, and the Sunday night "dance night" festivities. Because we were near the water, we were under a bridge - it was either the Westside Highway or Riverside Drive, I'm not sure. So in the middle of a conversation I glance up at the bridge, when all of the sudden I see a bike speeding across the bridge at probably 60-70 miles per hour, or some incredibly unbelievable speed for a bike, with NO ONE riding on it. I kinda freaked out and interrupted the conversation and started pointing at the bridge and the bike zooming past! OH my gosh - look at that bike! There is NO ONE RIDING THE BIKE! My mind is going in a million different directions - how is the bike going so fast? What happened to the person who was riding it? WHY is someone pushing a bike over a bridge and letting it go? The bike is going down hill and picking up speed as it goes down?

.....and then, as everyone is starting to look at the bridge and trying to see what I am pointing and shouting about, I realize what just happened. The 'runaway bike' was strapped to the top of a car that was driving by on the bridge. The true blond finally came out.

I really have been working on thinking before I speak. Of course, I chose not to think before I spoke in a group of mixed company that I mostly didn't know that well.

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha i am laughing hysterically right now! i mean, hey, it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I'm sad I had walked away from the table for this one.... but still cracks me up every time I think about it!

    -PamCakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. "WHY is someone pushing a bike over a bridge and letting it go?" bahaha perr i love you

    ReplyDelete