08 June 2008

laundry




So I moved here on May 15 and today is June 8 and I am just now doing my first load of laundry TODAY. You can do the math on how long that's been...

Anyway, I knew Mom would be proud of me for a couple of different reasons :

1. First and foremost, I did not buy fabric softener to do my laundry for the entire three months this summer (in case you don't know the history behind this, yes, last summer I washed my clothes in fabric softener for the entire time that I was in New York and continued to be oblivous to this until someone so kindly pointed it out to me about a month after I returned to Auburn...)

2. As you can see, I was running low on clean underwear...so I had to re-wear a few times. Aren't you proud Mom? Isn't this what you always tried to teach me to do??

6 comments:

  1. I think that was your brothers that taught and encouraged you to rewear undies??!!!not me....I taught you to wash more often but that lesson got lost in the frenzy of New York City life, I guess....I am thankful you can tell the difference now in soap and softener....you are now qualified to be a college graduate!!!! I am proud of you I love you MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahaha!!! I love it! (please note that when we live together I will teach you the secret - clean underwear even when you haven't done laundry = washing them in the tub yourself)

    Can't wait for you to get the BBQ pics
    -PamCakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Perryn,
    You know how I have told you that a good warm shower clears your mind and helps you think clearly...well while in the shower last night I figured this all out...you confused my teaching to rewear your jeans more than once with your undies rewear....I wanted your mind to realize the confusion on what I taught you....Just needed to add this afterthought I love you MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, remember how I used to always want to change panties several times during the day when I was little and you would never let me? This is what I was referring to, but I guess I just took it to a little extreme with the RE-wear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I didn't realize that is what you meant....but you did go EXTREME I think.....glad that is all cleared up I love you MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. p,i still love you even though you rewear your underwear sometimes. i'll keep it a secret, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right? i am so happy you told me about your blog, i'm addicted already. love you and missing you on the plains! court

    ReplyDelete