16 January 2009

design services for 1600 Pennsylvania Ave

I remember one time one of my professors at Auburn told our class that we shouldn't settle for "fluffing pillows and arranging furniture"...but I'd kill for this job, and I'm pretty sure any other designer would too! Anthropologie? Urban Outfitters? Restoration Hardware? How did I miss this opportunity?!



However, after watching this newsclip, this project would be a HUGE challenge. A budget of $100,000??? That's it? If there's one thing I've learned in the short time I've worked in this industry, it's that good design services don't come cheap. And I'd guess that Obama's designer would be considered "good" based on his past client record...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Momma Hoot! I miss you! I hope that you are not freezing!! Urban outfitters and Target? Just does really seem like White House decor, ya know! PS: My mom is doing the new ChiO dorm decor, and we were getting together some of the girls to look at everything next weekend! I wish you were still here to approve!! Take care! -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie! I'm glad to know someone besides my mom actually reads my blog! I like keeping up with you too through yours! Wish I could see the new Chi O dorm!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete