20 January 2009

thank you, pilgrims

for being able to find this...

I spent the weekend in New England and had the privilege of visiting Plymouth, Massachusetts where Plymouth Rock is located! I don't remember exactly, but it was probably first grade when I first learned the story about the Pilgrims and the Mayflower and Plymouth Rock. Needless to say, I was quite excited about getting to see such a historic landmark with my very own eyes. But, sadly (very sadly), I must say it was somewhat disappointing...


If you look closely (extremely close) behind the rail where Brendan and I are standing, there is a tiny rock with "1620" engraved on it (you can't see the "1620" from the picture). Yes, believe me. THIS is Plymouth Rock. I don't know how the Pilgrims saw this or what attracted them to it, but I am thankful that our country was founded due to the grandeur of this tiny rock-let.

2 comments:

  1. Perryn! I love keeping up with you via the "blog world". What a fun trip this weekend! I wanna meet the b/f!! Hope that you have a wonderful rest of the week!!

    ReplyDelete