06 February 2009

blue mountain dew is baaaack


This summer when I interned at Perkins Eastman, Belinda (the other library intern) and I would frequent the small New York deli, Food Depot, across the street from PE on a very regular basis for breakfast. Often that included a new flavor of Mountain Dew called "Mountain Dew Voltage". I LOVED this stuff. Belinda liked it ok I think, but I was obsessed. (Is anyone surprised?) So, when I started full time at PE in September, on mine and Belinda's first day as "full-time employees" we went across the street to get breakfast before our orientation. And, they DIDN'T have blue Mountain Dew anymore. I was pretty upset, but then realized it was Mountain Dew we were talking about here.

Then a few days ago, I was in the Food Depot buying lunch and trying to decide what kind of caffeine filled, high-sugar drink I wanted... when I spotted it - blue Mountain Dew is back!!!

The first thing I did when I got back to the office was email Belinda and tell her the joyous news. And I must admit, I had a bit of a nostalgic moment in the Food Depot drink section when I saw it. It reminded me of the days of old and the greatness that they were - summer (hence warmer weather), no "real" responsibilities, and a good economy. Although none of these seem to be coming again anytime soon, at least the blue Mountain Dew is back!

(ps - if you're wondering why I'm drinking Mountain Dew (of any color) for breakfast, here's why: when you go to bed at 2 am because you're watching Elizabeth Smart on Oprah, sometimes you just need a little boost.)

1 comment:

  1. oh Elizabeth Smart.

    and I support the drinking of highly sugared, fructose corn syrup ladened drinks, Perralove. We regular soda drinkers have to stick together!

    ReplyDelete