13 February 2009

good luck mayce!

My 7-year-old niece Mayce is running in the Mercedes Marathon in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa tomorrow! Just doesn't seem right, does it? But, I'm so proud of her and want to wish her the best of luck!!! And, I wish I could be there to see her!

I guess I should be a little more specific about what is really happening because if your reaction is anything like mine, you are probably pretty astounded right now. No, Mayce is not going to be running 26.2 miles tomorrow all at once. Over the past several months she has run one mile at a time, and then tomorrow she will run the last mile of the "marathon"! Sounds like a pretty cool thing for kids to do if you ask me. And her sister McKay is all for it too. She told me how excited she was this morning - they get to stay in a hotel... WITH an indoor swimming pool!

1 comment:

  1. haha aww i love the indoor swimming pool excitement! and if i were mayce i would tell everyone i was running in the marathon and leave out the tidbit about the last mile...

    ReplyDelete