23 February 2009

a blurb of the weekend

In short, this past weekend was great! As you might have read on one of my previous posts, I was very productive and rose with the sun (not quite, but it makes the story better, right?). I did a little pre-spring spring cleaning to my apartment, including cleaning the base boards in my tiny room which definitely is no fun task, but the payoff is great. Then I did some grocery shopping (actually, a lot of grocery shopping) and cooked dinner for Brendan and me before our dessert date with the Pettus's later Saturday night. Then we met up with Buck and Christine who came into the city for a few hours after dinner to hang out and catch up, since I haven't seen them since New Year's. It was a lot of fun and a refreshing time to be able to spend time hanging out with some fam! Here are a few pics from the weekend:

I'm still exploring my new-found culinary skills, but thanks to my own personal Martha Stewart married friend Caylen, I had an awesome chicken recipe to try out! Thanks for the recipe, Cay!

aren't these flowers pretty?!

Buck's DELICIOUS looking hot chocolate at Cafe Lalo. (Cafe Lalo is a cute little restaurant cafe where a scene from "You've Got Mail" was filmed. It was pretty adorable...and had about 5 million dessert choices! I couldn't even decide what I wanted for myself (surprised?) so Brendan decided for me and we split some scrumptious cake)

B & C's desserts - brownie chunk cheesecake!

Mine and Brendan's "chocolate bomb"... not as bomb-ish as we were expecting, to be quite honest, but it was still very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment